Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Introduction

So this is me experimenting with a blog-like format for the AP Calculus test prep...  This may not work out, but I hope it does.

What We're Doing

So each week we're going to post something containing an overview of a topic as well as some sample questions - this is not meant to replace an AP Study Guide or any of the other resources shown in <Good Resources>, but rather this should be supplementary.  If you can't solve a problem, please post a comment on the post the problem was in.  If you can solve all the problems on a post, please post a comment saying you've got them figured out.

Good Resources

If I haven't given you an AP Study Guide Book already, just ask me - I have a few spare (I'll only give you 1 though).  If you want another, you'll have to buy them at your local Barnes & Noble...  or Amazon.  I recommend Princeton Review for Calculus, Barron's wasn't as good.

        'Paul' is a college professor who puts his lessons up online.  When I was studying for Calc, I was about 75% Princeton Review and 25% Paul.  Since I was a freshman, he's changed the layout of the website, but all the information is still there.  I don't recommend using this site until you've used a paper study guide for a bit - because he's a college teacher, he explains things at a very 'advanced' and 'rigorous' level, which may be daunting.

       This won't teach you anything, but it's where you can see the official curriculum.  I'll probably post the curriculum myself later, so you don't have to worry about this much, but give it a once-over when you have some spare time.

<<I'll add more sites later, I'm tired>>



No comments:

Post a Comment